Choosing a massage cushion may not be the toughest decision that you need to make today, but don’t make the mistake of taking it too lightly.
If you choose right, you will be in heaven with a great massage at your fingertips whenever you want. If you choose wrong, you could find that you have a $100 piece of junk sitting around reminding you of your regrets.
This guide is here to help ensure that the second scenario doesn’t happen. In the list below we cover 14 of the top massage cushions- cushions that consistently get praise from their customers.
We highlight their features as well as some of the key differences between them to help you easily compare and contrast different massagers. We have split the cushions into four distinct categories:
- Best Neck and Back Massagers
These massage cushions can massage the neck and back at the same time. You will enjoy the complete upper body experience. Even though these massagers promise everything, I have noticed that even the best tend to fall a little short, perhaps because they are so complex. I recommend looking at other sections even if your are interested in these- you might be pleasantly suprised.
- Best Upper Back Massagers
These back massage cushions ensure that you get full coverage along the top of your back.
- Best Car Back Massagers
These cushions are great options for long trips or for people who find shiatsu massage cushions too rough. They do not have shiatsu nodes so you can comfortably sit on them for long periods of time.
- Best Cordless Shiatsu Massagers
These highly versatile, small massage pillows are an excellent choice whether you are at home or on the road. They also tend to be more affordable than a full massage cushion
- Best Neck Massagers
I did say that this article only has four categories (and it does) but I have an entire extra page dedicated to neck massagers. These massagers are an updated version of the handheld massagers from ten years ago. They have and ergonomic u-shape so you don’t have to strain and reach to get a great massage.
I highly recommend checking these out if you want a small, versatile massager.
Radical Relaxation Central is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon’s trademark is used under license from Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS IN RADICAL RELAXATION CENTRAL COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Key benefits of a massage cushion
You can take these massage cushions where you need to go. The larger ones can easily go between home and the office. You can take the smaller ones, well, anywhere (especially since some of them can hold a charge for up to two hours.
With these massage cushions, you won’t need to make an appointment to make a great massage. You won’t even have to leave the home. You could get a massage everyday if you want.
And if you’e traveling? You can take the massage with you.
Think you can only massage your back with these massage cushions? Think again. The smaller massage pillows can cover your legs, your feet, and even your stomach.
What is a shiatsu massage?
According to the Acupuncture Massage College, shiatsu massages focus on manipulating and putting pressure on certain parts of the body to encourage a healthy flow of energy throughout the body. Clearing out blocked energy can theoretically lead to an overall better sense of well-being. The technique and theory of the shiatsu massage is rooted in traditional Chinese medicine.
What are some of the benefits of a massage?
While it is good to know the origins of the shiatsu massage and some of the theory behind it, there are some very real benefits of a massage that are backed by science. Some of the benefits include:
- Reduced blood pressure
- Better sleep
- Fewer headaches
- Increased immune function
- General relaxation
- Reduced muscle tension
- Increased energy
Best Neck and Back Massagers
Out of all of the massage cushions, the ones that offer both a full back and neck massage tend to provide the best customer satisfaction.
And is it any wonder? All of these massage cushions offer full shiatsu back massages, neck massages, and vibrating seat massages. They also all offer heat. One massage cushion, the Naipo back massager chair, is one of the closest things you can get to a full massage chair without actually buying a massage chair.
Despite being packed full of features, these massage cushions are not for everyone. Since there is some space between where the back massage ends and the neck massage begins, they tend to miss a small part of the shoulder.
If you want your full upper back covered, check out the next section on the best upper back massagers.
Also, some people find shiatsu massage nodes rough. If this is you, check out the section on the best car massager to find options that do not have these nodes.
Quick Comparison Chart 1
|Naipo Shiatsu Massage Seat Cushion||Sable Shiatsu Seat Cushion||Nursal Back Massager||Gideon Luxury 6 Program Back and Neck Massaging Cushion||Naipo Back Massager Chair|
|Dimensions||N/A||18.5 x 31.89 x 7.48 inches||16.81 x 32.01 x 6.42 inches||N/A||19 x 31 x 17 inches|
|Shipping Weight||15.8 lbs||15.87 lbs||15.5 lbs||14.2 lbs||27.4 lbs|
|Seat Vibration||3 Levels||3 Levels||3 Levels||2 Levels||3 Levels|
|AC Adapter||Yes||Yes||Yes- 110 volt||Yes||Yes- 12 V|
|USB Port||No||Yes- for 5V/1A devices||No||No||No|
|Auto Shut-Off||N/A||15 min||15 min||15 min||20 min|
|Air Compression||No||No||No||No||3 Levels|
|Warranty||N/A||12 months||N/A||N/A||30 day money back guarantee
24 month warranty
Naipo Back Massager Shiatsu Massage Seat Cushion with Heat
- 3D Shiatsu Deep Kneading: 3D rotation kneading massage rollers imitate a real 'human finger-like' massage to relieve your fatigue, perfect to use on your neck shoulder and back
- Eight Rolling Massage Nodes: Features 8 deep-kneading Shiatsu massage nodes to soothe tired, relieves muscle tightness. Massage nodes can be adjusted up and down, suitable for people between 1.6m and 1.8m height
- Soothing Heat: Featured optional heat function provides warmth to stretch and loosen stiff tendons, unwinding you from a stressful day
Coming in at number one is the Naipo Back Massager. This massaging cushion provides a strong, shiatsu-style kneading massage.
Even though it only has one style of massage, people seem more than happy with what it offers (though some do complain that it is too strong).
It has 8 rolling massage nodes total- four for the back and four for the neck. The nodes on this cushion offer excellent full back coverage, though you may find that it neglects the top of your shoulders.
You can choose exactly where you want your massage with this cushion- upper back, lower back, or full back. You can also spot-target a specific area.
One part of this massage cushion that seems to win everyone over is the neck nodes. They protrude out farther than other similar-style massage cushions, providing a thorough massage to the entire neck area.
They also adjust up and down accommodating people of different heights. If you tend to have tension in the neck area, this cushion is an excellent choice.
This back massager also has heat along the back and a vibrating seat with three settings (low, medium, or high). It comes with an both an AC and car adapter so that you can use it on the go.
Overall, this back massager covers all of the bases of a great massage cushion while providing a strong massage.
Sable Shiatsu Seat Cushion
- Ultimate Comfort and Relief: Mimicking manual shiatsu kneading-pressing manipulation, the massage chair gives you a relaxing massage experience on your neck, back and buttocks. Ideal gift for Father's Day.
- Perfectly Customized Massage: The included remote can independently controls 3 different areas: Adjust the direction and position for a neck massage that suits you best. Choose 4 moving shiatsu nodes to pinpoint a specific spot or massage your entire back.
This massage cushion is very similar to the Naipo Back Massager, even though it is a different color. It may be wise to compare the prices of the two so that you can figure out the best deal (remember, products on Amazon are always going on sale).
That being said, one key difference between this cushion and the one from Naipo is that the Sable seat cushion does not come with a car adapter, but it does have a USB port.
The FDA approved Sable shiatsu massage cushion comes with 8 massage nodes- four for the neck and four for the back. It provides one style of massage- a kneading/shiatsu style.
You can adjust the area that this chair massages between full back, upper back, and lower back. The neck massager is also adjustable allowing the massage cushion to comfortably accomodate people of different heights.
This cushion has a very specific heat setting (113 degrees Fahrenheit) which people rave about. The bottom cushion also vibrates at 3 intensities (low, medium, or high).
Overall, this is a solid massage cushion which customers have been raving about.
Nursal Back Massager
- NECK KNEADING MASSAGE: The 4 deep kneading rolling nodes massage the neck muscles, relieving any tension. There are two different modes - clockwise and anticlockwise. At the same time, the heat function - which can be turned on and off - soothes your neck muscles helping you relax from a stressful day of work.
- BACK SHIATSU & ROLLING MASSAGE: Adjust the position of the four massage rollers to focus on the area you want to target. Or alternatively, allow the massage nodes to travel up and down the whole of your back for total relaxation.You can also choose to have the massage nodes perform kneading, waving and shiatsu massage.
The Nursal Back Massager provides a strong back massage and also offers a good neck massage. It has eight nodes total- four that travel along the back and four for the neck.
You can choose between an upper, lower, or full back massage and adjust the neck massage up and down (making it great for people of different heights).
There are also three different modes for the back massage : kneading, wave, and shiatsu-style, making this one of the most adjustable chairs on the list so far. The nodes are heated providing a warm and cozy experience.
The seat vibrates and has three settings- low, medium, and high. This back massager comes with both an AC and car adapter making it quite portable.
This chair has many good features, but also a few flaws. Some feel as if though the back massage is too strong.
The cushion has also broken down on a few people. They haven’t been happy with customer service, though I have noticed Nursal reaching out to people in the comments.
There are some risks, but this cushion offers features that others don’t.
Gideon Luxury 6 Program Fully Customizable Back and Neck Massaging Cushion
1 used from $84.15
- ADJUSTABLE SPOT FOCUS MASSAGING - The back and neck shiatsu nodes can be set to pinpoint a specific spot on your back and neck. Press the arrows up to move it higher up your back and neck, or press the arrow down to move the massage lower down on your back and neck. The intensity of the massage can be increased or decreased depending by how hard you press against it. Features and optional heat function in back, neck and seat; radiating gentle warmth, to help you unwind from a stressful day.
This massage cushion is another excellent choice for a shiatsu massage. It has eight 3-D massaging nodes total- two for the neck and two for the back.
You can adjust these nodes to they massage on the full, upper, or lower back or you can focus it on one area with a spot massage. You can also adjust the neck massaging nodes up and down, so this is can work for people of different heights.
There are two styles of massage to choose from: shiatsu and rolling. There is also heat in both the back and neck. The seat vibrates and has two levels of intensity.
This massaging cushion comes with an AC adapter that has a ten foot cord but not car adapter. As with many massaging cushions that come with a neck massage, there is a small part of the shoulders that it doesn’t quite hit.
However, Gideon also offers a similar model that just provides a back massage with no neck attachment. This style can provide more coverage on the shoulders.
Overall a solid shiatsu massager.
Naipo Back Massager Chair
2 used from $210.81
- 【Deep Kneading Shiatsu Massager】--This neck and back massage cushion chair includes 8 nodes provide a deep-kneading massage. The shiatsu back massage chair combines neck massager, shoulder massager, back massager, thigh massager and leg massaegr in one, which gives you a soothing massage experience.
- 【Vibration & Heat Function】--The Naipo back massage cushion chair is provided with heating function and 3 levels of vibration intensity. It relaxes your neck and back area, enhances blood circulation and soothes aching muscles.
Out of all of the cushions on this list, this one is most like an actual massage chair. It doesn’t just have massaging nodes, but also has 13 compression airbags.
One thing to note is that it is large, bulky, and not as portable as the other cushions. It would be best to have a designated chair with a strong back for this one.
This chair has eight nodes- two along the back and two along the neck. The back has two massage modes- kneading and rolling. You can also choose the area that you want to massage- upper back, lower back, or full back.
There is heat in both the back and the neck. The neck massage is adjustable up and down so this can work for people of different heights. The seat has three different intensities of vibration.
There are 13 compression airbags along the hip and waist. This chair comes with a DC adapter but no AC adapter (because of its size this chair is not ideal for car use).
This is the most complex chair on the list, which also means that it needs great customer support. Thankfully, Naipo is highly responsive to negative reviews on Amazon.
They offer a 30 day full refund for any reason and a 24 month guarantee for quality related issues. Overall, this is an awesome cushion that is practically a massage chair.
back to menu ↑
Best Upper Back Massagers
These massage cushions are great for people who want a back massager without the neck nodes attached.
There are many advantages to this type of cushion. First, the massage will extend all the way up your back so that you do not miss the shoulders.
Secondly, since there are no neck nodes, you do not have to worry as much about height issues (such as the nodes hitting your head if your torso is on the shorter side).
Lastly, these massage cushions usually come at a lower price point that the ones that have neck nodes. This means that you can buy a small neck and shoulder massager separately for about the same price total as a cushion that has both of these features.
All of these massage cushions use shiatsu massage nodes, heated backs, and vibration in the seats.
Overall, these massage cushions provide an excellent massage with less of the complexity of cushions that have both back and neck nodes.
Quick Comparison Chart 2
|Nursal Shiatsu Heated Cushion||Snailax Shiatsu Massage Cushion|
|Shipping Weight||9.2 lbs||26.5 lbs|
|Dimensions||17.72 x 31.1 x 15.35 inches||16 x 26 x 14 inches|
|Vibration||3 levels||3 levels|
|Auto Shutoff||15 min||15 min|
|Warranty||N/A||Yes- 30 day unconditional return
-90 day refund or exchange guarantee
-24 month warranty
Nursal Shiatsu Heated Cushion
1 used from $67.99
- MASSAGING NODES MOVE UP & DOWN - The 4 Shiatsu Massaging nodes travel up and down, massaging the entire back. Select a full back massage, lower back or upper back. It can also be set to pinpoint a specific spot on your back to ease your back muscles to bring you an ultimate deep kneading massage experience.
- MASSAGE WITH HEAT - The NURSAL shiatsu massage cushion is designed with heat to help warm up muscles and tissues while enjoying massaging. Stay comfortable & warm while experiencing the benefits of our muscle therapy.
The Nursal Shiatsu Heated Cushion is missing a key feature that many massage cushions have but makes up for it in other ways.
The feature that this cushion is missing is the neck massaging nodes that are featured in cushions such as the Naipo.
The Nursal makes up for this by making the back nodes capable of reaching all the way up to the top of the shoulders, helping it to reach a spot that other massage cushions tend to miss.
If you want a cushion that really targets the shoulder area, you should consider this one. It has four 3-D nodes that massage your back and you can choose the region that it targets- full back, lower back, or upper back.
You can also spot target a specific area on your back. The seat vibrates and has three levels of intensity- high, medium, and low. It come with an AC and car adapter and automatically shuts off after 15 minutes.
Overall, this is a good massage cushion that provides excellent coverage of the shoulder area.
Snailax Shiatsu Massage Cushion with Heat
- SHIATSU BACK MASSAGER :4 deep kneading massage nodes travel up and down relaxing your entire back. 3 massage Massage Zones for your choices: Full back,Upper back,Lower back.
- FLEXIBLE MASSAGE NODES: The massage nodes are adjustable at max. height of 3mm to fit the curves of the body for more comfortable massage experience. SPOT MASSAGE: Allows you to concentrate the kneading on one area for pin-point relaxation
This massage cushion is one of the newest ones on the list. It just came out in November of 2017, so it doesn’t quite have the reputation of the older massage cushions yet.
The company Snailax does have a reputation for providing excellent and fast customer service however. This cushion has a 30 day unconditional return, 90 day refund or exchange guarantee, and 24 months warranty.
One thing that sets this cushion apart is that it has flexible massage nodes that fit to the curves of the body. Everything else is pretty standard.
It has four massage nodes along the back total and no neck nodes (meaning this provides more coverage along the back of the shoulders than some that do have neck massagers). It provides only one style of massage- shiatsu.
You can choose between a full, upper, or lower back massage as well as a spot function. There is heat along the back. The seat has three vibration intensities- low, medium, and high. It comes with both an AC and car adapter.
Though it is still too early to see whether this massage cushion has truly won over customers, it certainly has been met with an enthusiastic response.
back to menu ↑
Best Car Back Massager: Top 2 Picks
These massage cushions aim to fix a problem that plagues shiatsu massage cushions.
One of the reasons that shiatsu cushions are so effective is because of the nodes that travel up and down the back. When it is not in use, however, these nodes can be extremely uncomfortable.
This is why these chairs are not ideal for long road trips (though you could put them in an empty chair and use them during breaks).
The two chairs in this section do not have uncomfortable massage nodes. The first cushion uses vibration and the second air compression to provide massages on the road.
These cushions are also great choices for people who find cushions with nodes too intense.
Quick Comparison Chart 3
|Snailax Seat Cushion||VIOTEK Air Pressure Massage Cushion|
|Shipping Weight||2.5 lbs||4.4 lbs|
|Dimensions||13.8 x 42 x 17.7 inches||19 x 18.5 x 22.5 inches|
|Auto Timer||15, 30, and 60 minutes||N/A|
|Warranty||Yes- 30 day money back for any reason|
- 90 day money back guarantee
- 24 month for quality related issues
Snailax Seat Cushion Vibrating Massage Cushion
- VIBRATION TYPE MASSAGE - provide soothing vibrating massage that encompasses vibration, shaking and tapping; it helps users in stress relief, aches removal and fatigue elimination. (5 vibrating massage motors; 5 massage modes;4 selective massage zones; 3 Intensities.)
- SOOTHING HEAT - Additional heat therapy for lower back area to sooth and loosen tight muscles and to improve blood circulation.
- PORTABLE seat massager for Car, Home, Office. Car adapter and home adapter included.
If you want a massage cushion that you can use for long trips on the road, this Snailax vibrating massage cushion is ideal. It does not have any shiatsu nodes which means that you won’t have massage nodes digging into your back when this massage cushion is not in use.
However, this also means that you won’t get the wonderful shiatsu massage that chairs in other sections provide- just a vibrating massage which is comparatively weaker.
This cushion has five massage modes- pulsate, tapping, rolling, auto, and kneading. These modes control the intervals that you feel the vibration. With one mode, you get short pulses of vibration while with other modes it is continuous. You can also control the intensity of the vibration (low, medium, or high).
The Snailax has four selective massage zones- upper back, lower back, hips, and thighs. This cushion also provides heat for the lower back. You can time the heat for 15, 30, or 45 minutes but should only run the vibration for 15 minutes before giving it a rest.
This massage cushion comes with both an AC and a car adapter.
Overall, this is a great choice for people who want a heated massage in the car or who want a less intense massage.
VIOTEK Air Pressure Office Chair or Car Seat Massage Cushion
- AIR PRESSURE MASSAGE - Press the LED button to activate airbags that provide more flexibility than rigid plastic massagers
- TARGET 4 ZONES - Alleviate stiffness & aches with the 4-point targeting massage cushion for the neck, back & thighs
- AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF - This massage chair pad turns off automatically when your car does or after 15 min
- FOR YOUR CAR & OFFICE - Easily install the Massaging Seat Cushion in your car or office to begin erasing your aches and pains
This Viotek massage cushion is another great option for the car. Since it has no shiatsu massage nodes, you won’t have to worry about something digging into your back while this cushion is not in use.
This cushion provides an air pressure massage rather than a vibration massage. It has eight airbags at the shoulder, back, lower back, and thighs.
It has four different massage modes which target different parts of the body and automatically turns off after 15 minutes.
This cushion is made from synthetic leather and micro suede and even comes with protective stoppers to ensure that it won’t slide around or damage the seat. It comes with both an AC and car adapter.
Unfortunately this chair lacks heat. Overall, this cushion is a great choice for the car. It lacks the hard massage nodes that can make many shiatsu cushions difficult to sit in for long periods of time.
It also provides an air cushion massage which is a great choice for people who dislike vibration massages.
back to menu ↑
Best Cordless Shiatsu Massagers
The massage pillows in this section are a great choice whether you are at home or on the road. They are cordless so you can use them without feeling tethered to one location.
You can expect these pillows to run for about 90 minutes to 2 hours without needed to be charges. In addition, all of the massagers in this section are heated (though you can certainly turn the heat off if it is not your preference).
One of the advantages of the size of these pillow massagers is that you can use them to massage just about any area of your body. You can put it behind your neck, under your back, on your arms or legs, and even on your stomach.
You can easily take one of these to work with you and use it to massage your shoulders if you start to feel tense. You can also take one on a road trip to provide some relief if you get sore from sitting for too long- these are excellent for travel.
Quick Comparison Chart 4
|LiBa Cordless Massager Pillow||Nursal Cordless Neck Massage Pillow||Sable Cordless Massaging Pillow||Sable Cordless Massage Pillow with Heat||Mynt Cordless Shiatsu Massage Pillow|
|Shipping Weight||4.7 lbs||3.8 lbs||6.3 lbs||3.8 lbs||4.1 lbs|
|Dimensions||12 x 7 x 4.5||N/A||N/A||N/A||12.2 x 8.7 x 4.5|
|Battery life||1.5 hrs||2 hrs||1.5 hrs||2 hrs with heat|
4-5 hrs without heat
|Heat||Yes- up to 105 degrees in 20 min||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Auto off||N/A||15 min||20 min||15 min||15 min|
|Warranty||Risk free 90 day trial|
18 month warranty
|3 year||12 months||12 months||24 months|
LiBa Cordless Shiatsu Neck Shoulder Back Shiatsu Massager Pillow with Heat
- FULLY PORTABLE, NO CORDS ATTACHED: Designed with rechargeable battery to use without a plug, you can use this massager anywhere and everywhere. Wall charger included
- ADJUSTABLE STRAPS FOR CAR OR DESK CHAIR: Stretchy strap secures the massager to your office chair or the car's headrest. It will effectively soothe achey muscles and relieve stiffness in the neck, shoulder, lower & upper back, and even legs too!
This versatile massager is one of the best for providing a warm massage even when you are on the go.
Since it can go up to 90 minutes between charges, you can comfortable use it in the car, the office, or even on a plane. Of course, you could use it around the house too. It has flexible straps which help it attach to any chair so that you won’t have to worry about losing the perfect spot.
Speaking about the perfect spot, you can use this massager on just about any part of your body- your neck, back, shoulders, legs. You can even get a foot massage with it (though I would recommend wearing clean socks, of course).
It can take up to 250 lbs of pressure, so it is excellent if you want to relieve hip pain. This massager provides a very gentle heat- it warms up to about 105 degrees in 20 minutes- providing a very calming and therapeutic experience.
This cushion provides a shiatsu massage and the motors change direction from clockwise to counterclockwise every few minutes. This makes the massage more interesting and keeps your body tuned into the experience. This massager comes with an AC adapter but no car charger.
Overall, this massage pillow provides an excellent massage with gentle heat that would be perfect on the road.
Nursal Cordless Neck Massage Pillow
- CORDLESS & RECHARGEABLE: The internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers you 2 hours of wireless massage experience. A great choice to get rid of the tangle of wires and never be inconvenienced by a short cable again.
- HEAT FUNCTION & 3D SHIATSU MASSAGER BALL: The optional heating function transfers warmth to muscles for relieving fatigue and tightness and improving blood circulation. The 3D shiatsu massage balls knead deeply in all areas of your body, relaxing your tired and aching muscles.
This light and thin massager is one of the most portable choices on this list. The small and thin design makes it incredible easy to take anywhere that you want to go.
You can relax and control tension whether you are at home, at work, or traveling. It can also hold a charge for up to two hours, so you can feel confident that it won’t go out on you when you need it the most. This Nursal massager is incredibly quiet, so you won’t have to worry about the noise distracting other people if you are at work or on a plane.
It comes with both an AC adapter and a car adapter further increasing its portability. If you are on a long road trip, you won’t have to worry about this massager losing power along the way- just plug it into the car adapter.
It auto rotates every 60 seconds so you won’t have any pressure build-up from it focusing on one area for too long. It also has an auto shut off after about 15 minutes. This ensures that it won’t overheat and that the motors do no wear out prematurely.
This massager comes with a three year warranty so you can have peace of mind also when you purchase this.
Overall, this massager is one of the best choices if you want a massage pillow that you can travel with. It can provide some relief from tension and stiffness if you travel a lot.
Sable Shiatsu Lower Back Cordless Massaging Pillow with Heat
- Cordless and protable: The built-in rechargeable 1200 mAh battery makes for 90 minutes of wireless use (about 4 massage cycles) and allows to take the massager with you on the road
- Travel-Friendly Design: Benefit from the 50% lighter and the 20% thinner design that is portable, FDA certified, and operates ultra-quietly compared to competitor's products
- Comfort Meets Longevity: The soft, high-quality memory foam material with the removable and washable cover make for a soft and durable pillow
Out of all the massage pillows on the list, this one looks the most like an actual pillow. This 5.9 inch thick pillow has memory foam, adapting to the body’s contours and ridges perfectly.
You can put this pillow underneath your back and recline so that the shiatsu nodes massage the tensest parts of your back. You can also use this on other parts of your body, like your neck, legs, and stomach.
Since this massage pillow is the most like an actual pillow, you can keep it on your couch or chair as decoration when it is not in use (though you may want to use the smooth side, not the one with the nodes sticking out. You can also use this massage pillow to sleep on.
The rechargeable battery in this pillow lasts about 90 minutes and the massage automatically shuts off after about 20 minutes. It comes with both an AC and car adapter making it ideal to take on long road trips (especially if you want a pillow that you can lay your head on).
The Sable massage pillow is also heated which helped to melt away muscle tension and stress. This pillow doesn’t automatically switch rotation, though you can do it manually with the button. This massage pillow comes with a 12 month warranty so you can buy it with some peace of mind.
Overall, this massage pillow is the most like an actual pillow. You can recline on it, sleep on it, and even use it as decoration if it fits your style. It contours to your body providing an excellent, relaxing massage.
Sable Cordless Massage Pillow with Heat
- Cordless and Rechargeable Pillow Massager: Use the back and neck massager while it is plugged in or wirelessly with the built-in rechargeable 2600mAh battery for up to two hours with a full charge. Ideal gift for Father's Day.
- Heats up 50% Faster: The neck massager heats up to a steady temperature -- 115°F that is slightly above body temperature in just 5 minutes to boost blood circulation and for better muscle relaxation
Out of all the massage Pillows on the list, this one provides the most heat. It promises to heat up to 115 degrees in just 5 minutes making it an excellent choice if you really love heat with your massages (heat can provide some excellent therapeutic benefits, such as increasing circulation to an area and relaxing tense muscle).
In addition to being an excellent source of heat, this massage cushion can hold a charge up to two hours making it ideal to travel with- you won’t have to worry about being tethered to a cord or finding an outlet. You can take it to work or use it in your car with some peace of mind. It comes with an AC adapter but no car adapter.
It turns off after about 15 minutes as a safety precaution to prevent overheating. This pillow is versatile and you can use it to massage various parts of your body, including your neck, back, waist, arms, and legs.
Even though the pillow is small, you can massage your entire body. One drawback with this massage pillow is that some people have received pillows that didn’t work properly.
Thankfully, it has a 12 month warranty and Sable tends to stay on top of their customer service so you can feel fairly comfortable ordering this massage pillow.
Overall, this massage pillow comes with many of the best features of the other massage cushions and has the added benefit of providing a good amount of heat. It is a good choice for people who really enjoy having heated massagers.
Mynt Cordless Shiatsu Massage Pillow
- Prizewinning: Recipient of the world-renowned iF Design Award (2018).
- Cordless: A built-in battery provides up to 2 hours of power so you can unwind anytime, anywhere.
- Broader Massage: 4 flattened shiatsu nodes target your body's acupoints with wider treatment. Use from head to toe, for full-body therapy.
- Premium Performance: A soft, multi-layer build delivers 3D massage that's robust, yet kind to skin. Super streamline, with warming function and single button operation.
Mynt made this massage pillow with quality and comfort in mind. The fabric that covers the massage nodes has three layers, which both ensures that the massage is comfortable and helps with the durability.
You won’t have to worry about the massage nodes eating through the fabric with this massager. In addition, the nodes are flat and give a broader pressure making it ideal for people who tend to find shiatsu massagers uncomfortable. It is a little more gentle than other massagers in this category.
In addition to having durable materials, this massager also comes with a 24 month warranty. Mynt seems to be active as far as answering questions and replyig to negative reviews so you can expect good service from them.
Like the other massagers in this category, the Mynt cordless shiatsu massage pillow is incredibly versatile and you can use it on just about any part of your body such as your neck, legs, arms, and back. It doesn’t come with a strap along the back to secure to chairs but instead has a pocket that you can thread a belt through.
This massager comes with a charging cable but no car cable and can hold a charge for up to 2 hours (you won’t have to worry about running out of power with this one).
Overall, this is an excellent, durable massager that is ideal to take on the road.
*Disclaimer: This article is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitution for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. No claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of the information are made. Visitors are encouraged to review the product page of any product they plan to purchase. Learn more here.